Saturday

It's a Green Day and a Birthday To Boot...

I love March! Not only is it a month of renewal where everything from flowers to trees to animals shake off the cold of Winter to be reborn in the warmth of the coming Spring.  Weather wise it's a volatile month that might include tornado's, snow, high winds, floods or gentle ground soaking rains falling on a drought stricken area. Wildflowers are starting to burst forth with an abundance of color.
A bright yellow tulip smiling up at me.
Phlox on parade
Lilacs in bloom










March is my birthday month.  People born under the sign of Pisces are Compassionate, Adaptable, Accepting, Devoted and Imaginative. Yep that's me to a T.  To make matters even better, today is my birthday.  Yes, I'm a St. Patrick's Day girl...hence, my middle name, Patricia.

I woke up to coffee being placed on my nightstand and after running my blood sugar test which was 113 this morning, I lazed in bed and watched a couple of episodes of T.J. Hooker with William Shatner.  


Once up I was given a lovely birthday card along with a pot of Irish Purple Leafed Shamrocks and a few gifts to be opened this evening. 

Colorful Gift Wrap
My darling hubby is a person after my own heart.  He wraps gifts in anything he can find...like the colored sales circulars from the newspaper. Colorful and bright.  You really have to look at them to notice they're not wrapped in gift wrapping paper.  Such a silly guy.  That is why I love him so.

Oh such pretty toes!
After opening my card we went to lunch at our favorite luncheonette, Sooner Dairy Drive-in on Main Street here in Norman.  They serve up a good hamburger with fries and a chocolate malt.  Then off I went to be pampered by having a pedicure in a massage chair that will put you to sleep.  I need to do that more often, it felt so good.  Since my knee replacement surgery it has been hard for me to see the bottoms of my feet and to trim my toenails. As a diabetic, I need stay on top of that as well.

After receiving a phone call from my youngest daughter in Cleveland, OH where she says St. Paddy's Day is a huge deal up there, I opened my other gifts.  I got a DVD copy of My Bodyguard with a young Adam Baldwin (Casey on Chuck), no relation to Alec Baldwin, and a DVD copy of "The Joy Luck Club" two movies I really like and now I have them in my collection. 

I received many Birthday greetings on my Facebook page,through emails and text messages which made my day.  I even got a photo of my Grandson in his Irish green and a phone call from my brother and his family. My niece's birthday is Monday.

I am so blessed with a wonderful family and friends who care...thank you all.

Happy trails...

2 comments:

  1. Well, happy birthday, Girlfriend. I didn't know. You seem to have done the day up well. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a great day and I am glad for that. I do have good wishes for you on your day of days.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you, so please write a line or two when you visit.