Sunday

Sunday Trip to Tulsa...

We had not seen my brother and his family since we went to Tulsa in July to see Harry Potter at the IMax Theater. Since I am able to sit longer and tolerate a 2 hour trip, we decided this was the weekend to go to Tulsa and visit them. We left the dogs outside and hoped that they would not bark too much.

The trip up was rather uneventful. I took my book "Mrs. Mike" to read. It is a great little book that I have read and re-read over the years, and I never seem to get tired of it. Somehow I lost my mother's copy of it, but at a garage sale this past fall I found another copy in mint condition for $1.00 so I snatched it up.

We arrived in Tulsa at about 12:30 and met my brother and his family at Goldie's in Broken Arrow. Goldie's is a Tulsa landmark. It started out as a little burger shack at a par three golf course. They sold the land for apartments but expanded the burger shack into a diner and the rest is history. The burgers were great as always.

Dave is having his dinner with fries while I had cottage cheese and a salad with mine.













After lunch we went back to my brothers house and had a wonderful visit and watched the football playoffs for the Superbowl. It was a lot of fun so I guess it is going to be the Colts against the Saints. That should be a good. game.

Karen getting fish ready for a fish fry.











Uncooked battered fish ready to be deep fried.














This past summer my brother and nephew went fishing at a pond and caught about 120 bass which they filleted out and froze in water. My brother fixed two bags full about 100 pieces of fish. He first brushed them with a thin coat of mustard and then dipped them in cornmeal and then deep fried them. My niece fixed a wonderful salad and we had corn on the cob along with french fries and homemade tartar sauce. When our parents were alive we would have wonderful fish fries and mom would fix beer battered fish with fries, corn on the cob and coleslaw. Oh my what a wonderful feast that was, such great memories. The fish at this dinner tonight was wonderful, and the mustard added just the right amount of flavor, boy was it good. I even brought some back with me for my lunch on Wednesday.










The spread, oh sooooooo gooooooood!




















Christie and Kelsey dishing it up and digging in.
After dinner we said our good-byes and had an uneventful trip home. The dogs were very happy to see us and we got them fed and tucked in for the evening. Now to tuck my tired body into bed and get some sleep.
A person never grows old if he's fishing. The thrill of the fight keeps you young. ~ Pat Smeal

Just another day in the life of...

Amore and Arrivederci For Now

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you, so please write a line or two when you visit.