Monday

Physical Therapy and The Sam Noble Museum of Natural History...

Last night I managed to get 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep which felt good. Today was Physical Therapy day. I was quite interested in knowing how I had done on my exercises at home since there had not been any PT since Christmas Break started. I did my normal routine and then Karen added in some new exercises for me. The total gym workout machine, I have to lay on the board with my legs bent against a backboard and push my body up 30 times. Then the big test came...the bicycle. Karen said that I most likely would go backwards the first time around...well, not this kid. I went forward and quite easily I might add. So I did that for 10 minutes. Then I worked on the blue ther-a-bands in three different positions. Karen measured me again and I now have 115 degrees of extension. So 15 degrees improvement in 12 days. Needless to say I was quite pleased.

I came home and washed and fixed my hair since I could no longer stand the rag-a-muffin look I had given myself earlier in the week. I then took Dave and Christie to lunch at the Red Horse Grill for lunch. Their chocolate malts are wonderful and made with real malt. Their onion burgers are very good as well. They would even be better if they had some Tony Chachere Original Creole Seasoning to sprinkle on it. www.tonychachere.com/seasoning/ I just love a good Cajun Onion Burger since I used to make them when I had my own concession trailer and worked the auction circuit here in central Oklahoma.

After lunch Dave and I decided to go to the Sam Nobel Oklahoma Museum of Natural History http://www.snomnh.ou.edu/ at the University of Oklahoma. Admission is free on the first Monday of the month otherwise Adults are $5.00 and Seniors 65+ are $4.00. I was quite impressed with the new layout of the museum. Lots of hands on exhibits. One of the visiting exhibits is the Charles Darwin exhibit. It was quite interesting and very informative. The museum is very family oriented and friendly. Be prepared to spend some time there as there is a lot to see. They have lots of parking spaces even for big rigs, motor homes and buses. One of the fun things to do is to ride the Dinovator up and come face to face with a dinosaur's head on the second floor. Dave got these pictures. (Pictures coming soon)

After we finished and came home I decided to take a much needed nap as all the walking had done me in. Later we watched the "Heroes" 2 hour season premier and this coming Sunday "Chuck" will have it's season premier. I just love "Chuck", it is a fun show to watch. Then we started on "Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull" I could not get all the way through it as I was falling asleep. So...twas time to hit the sack.


If wrinkles must be written upon our brows, let them not be written upon the heart. The spirit should never grow old. --James A. Garfield, U.S. president


Just another day in the life of...


Amore and Arrivederci For Now


1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Girlfriend, you are doing great! Bobbie

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you, so please write a line or two when you visit.