Thursday

And Behind Door Number 2....

Is a beautiful pre-op room just waiting for you...today starts the countdown to my next knee surgery which will take place on December 1st. 55 days and counting. I decided to go ahead and bite the bullet since I don't know if I will have health care next year provided by the university or not. Everything is so up in the air and such a mess.

Once this is taken care of I will for the first time in over 25 years be able to bend down normally and pick something up off the floor without pain. Acting like a giraffe all these years has not exactly been pleasurable. One of the side effects from the first surgery has been that my left foot has been hurting me. When I talked to the Dr. today he informed me that once we get the other leg done that my feet will be in their normal walking position and the pain should stop so in the meantime, I am to wear inserts to support the arch and to keep the foot from rolling inward. We will see how that goes.

I know I'm going to have a lot of work ahead of me. I so looked forward to the first surgery last year in getting my left knee fixed. Don't get me wrong. I am looking forward to this surgery as well but with less enthusiasm since I know all the hard work involved in getting better. But done it must be, so without further adieu...So with true American fortitude...Onward Ho!

Happy Trails.....

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, Susie. Brave girl you are. It will be easier to get up the steps of an RV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be praying that this surgery goes as well as the first and that getting the other knee fixed will cure the other alignment issues. I understand the hesitance. I am looking at a gall bladder removal within the next couple of months and not too happy about that.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you, so please write a line or two when you visit.