The Week Before Christmas...

We left for Texas on the Wednesday before Christmas to take care of the baby as his mom and dad flew to Arizona to shoot a wedding.  Baby Andrew has bronchitis and so we did breathing treatments 5-6 times a day for three days.  Got to give lots of love kisses while holding that precious bundle and was great.  I had forgotten what mommy duty felt like and how dirty your shirts get. Thank goodness Auntie Christie and PomPom Dave were there to help as well, with all the feedings, diaper changes, bath time and baby rocking.

The kids got home Saturday evening and were dead tired, fighting stuffed up ears and sore throats due to weather changes. We decided to go to The Butcher Shop for dinner so no one would have to cook.  This is a restaurant, meat market and bakery all in one.  They have a fixings’ bar that has everything that you would want on your burger and our favorite…brown gravy for the French fries.  

Sunday big brother Noah came home from staying with Grandma Renee and Auntie Shara for three days. He got to ride on the tractor with Uncle Robert and play with his new remote-controlled truck.  What a hoot to watch.  The atmosphere of the house has changed from quite with a baby and three adults to five adults, a baby and a very rambunctious 2 ½ year old constantly on the go and 4 dogs.

Sunday evening I started to get a scratchy throat on one side, hard to swallow and impossible to sleep.  Ugh! I hate getting sick as I have managed to avoid it for 5 years. 

As Christmas drew closer, I made 6 small containers of home play dough and put them into individual containers that fit into one large container.  It was a lot of fun and I know Noah will enjoy it and it’s so much cheaper than the commercial play dough.  Here's the recipe I used.

Traditional Play Dough

* 1 cup flour
* 1 cup warm water
* 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
* 1 teaspoon oil
* 1/4 cup salt
* food coloring
Mix all ingredients, adding food coloring last.
Cook over medium heat until smooth. Continue cooking after the mixture thickens, and continue to cook until the dough comes together in the pan to form a ball. Remove from pan and knead until blended smooth (I did this on wax paper so it would be easy to handle). Place in plastic bag or airtight container when completely cool.
Store in a cool place and avoid allowing condensation to form in the storage container.

Christie and I went out to picked up some more last minute gifts as shopping is never done.

Happy trails…
BTW I hate the new format of Blogger.  At the moment I am unable to upload any photos.  Its like the link is not working. Anyone else having problems?

1 comment:

  1. Our friend Jim Mossman said he had problems uploading photos on Blogger recently.


We would love to hear from you, so please write a line or two when you visit.