Wednesday

The Great State Fair Of Oklahoma

Today was Senior Day at the fair so I skipped work and Dave and I went to the fair.  They had several things that were new such as a Butterfly Tent.  There were over 5,000 butterflies inside this tented pavilion.  They were gorgeous!  We opted to see them from the outside. 
We took our time and strolled through the exhibits and looked at several items such as a temper-pedic mattress and a Dura Tent for putting your prepared food in for outdoor camping, tail-gating or any other outdoor related activity or party.

We decided to not have any food at the fair as everything is either high fat or fried in grease and terribly expensive.  Instead we went to Smash Burger at The Outlet Shoppes of Oklahoma City. I had a grilled chicken breast with mayo, lettuce, pickles, red onion on a artisan bun (very whole wheat).  It was very good...down to the last bite.  Dave had the All-American Burger.  He said it was delicious.  He had regular fries and I had sweet potato fries with rosemary.  They were outstanding.  We both had water. 

After that we decided to head home and stopped at a Wall-mart on I-240 and Santa Fe and got gas for $3.08 with the Wal-mart discount.  Such a deal.  Gas here in Norman. is $3.39 a gallon.

I'm off to a new exercise class where I will have a personal trainer.  I had to be accepted into the class.  I'm one of 15 out of many applicants who made it into the class.  Apparently we will run the whole gambit of training including weights and water works in a pool.  Should be interesting.  Until next time...

Happy trails...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you, so please write a line or two when you visit.