Saturday

Football Saturday and a Plan...

I love it when a plan comes together.  While out this morning doing my Saturday morning errands I stopped at the Farmer's Market and picked up some items.  First was a sugar pumpkin.  It looked so good and FabGrandma had a recipe for fixing the pumpkin on her blog this past week and I knew I had to give it a try.  The next thing I bought was some Colorado sweet corn. One ear for me three for Dave.  I also bought some new potatoes, red onions, apples, zucchini, butternut squash and a red pepper. I got all of it for $19.00.

One booth tempted me with a Mixed Pepper Spread for my biscuits.  It was very good, reminded me of the Jalapeno Jelly I bought at a local Farmer's Market in South Fork, CO 2 years ago with my friend Bobbie.  I had just run out of the jelly this past week.  Yes, it kept that long and every bit of it was wonderful.

Around 4:00 p.m. I needed to go to the bank to make a deposit which is located in our local Homeland store.  Outside they were fixing slabs of pork ribs for $9.99.  They smelled so good  that I had an idea,  I would get some ribs, fix the corn and throw some pork-n-beans on the grill.  When I went to pick up the ribs, they weren't quite done and they wanted me to wait until they were.  To heck with that!!! I said give me the ribs and I will finish cooking them on my grill. 

I got home, cleaned the grill, fired it up, got it to temperature and on went the ribs for about another hour and a half.  I opened a can of beans and put some agave syrup and BBQ sauce in them, did a quick stir in the can   and put that on the grill.  I then wrapped my corn in foil and on the grill they went. While that was cooking I removed the ribs, wrapped them in foil and put them in the microwave to hold the temperature. The ribs were very good and hit the spot.

The timer just went off, so my corn is done, the beans are done and the ribs have rested.   Time to dig in and watch some Oklahoma Football!!!  Go Sooners!!!

Happy trails...

1 comment:

  1. Wow! A great meal. Too bad our pres would not eat pork ribs, being a Muslim and all.

    The game was as good as the meal too!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you, so please write a line or two when you visit.