Monday

Valentine Surprise...

For Valentine's Day dinner Dave took me to Goldie's Patio Grill in Norman. It's one of our favorite places to eat. There was so much food that I ate only half of it and brought the rest of it home for lunch tomorrow.

After dinner we did a hop, skip and a jump over to Wally World to pick up some items I was out of, one of them being shampoo.

After gathering the various sundries, Dave decided to go back to the movie department and I stayed in the shampoo aisle trying to decide on what I wanted for my hair.

Being a woman, I like for my hair to smell good, over time my sniffer is not smelling so good (unless one of the dogs has cut one and we have to light a candle to clear the air). Up one side of the aisle and down the other I went sniffing the various shampoos. I finally spied the Herbal Essence shampoo having used it in the past, I thought well this should be nice smelling.

Picking up the container I opened it, normally one would do a slight squeeze to catch a whiff of scent. I could not smell anything at all so I squeezed harder and much to my surprise ended up with blue Herbal Essence hair conditioner all over my face, up my nose and all over my hands. Looking around quickly to see if anyone had seen my gaff I quickly wiped off the bottle and put it back on the shelf. I had so much lotion on my hands I was rubbing the stuff all over my hands and arms to get rid of it. I removed the conditioner from my nose and mouth and did some more rubbing on my arms to dissipate the goop.

I now had the best smelling arms and hands in the store. I picked up a bottle of shampoo that was cheap and left. I then made my way back to the movie department to meet up with Dave. Off we went to the grocery department to pick up some cheese and milk, I decided to tell Dave of my mishap. As I started to talk, he looked at me with a weird look on his face and said " Why do you have blue stuff up your nose?" Wonderful! here, I've been walking around Wally World with blue hair conditioner up my nose for everyone to see. Dave thought that was the funniest thing he had ever see.

While on the way home the scent became too much for him and he had to open the car window to expel the scent. I have to admit a little goes a long ways, and I reeked of it.

After getting into the house and our three dogs happily mauling me because of the scent, I managed my way to the bathroom and washed off my hands, arms, and face. I have the softest hands and the smoothest arms at the moment and I still reek.

Moral of the story...Don't squeeze the bottle too hard or you too may end up with blue hair conditioner up your nose.

Happy trails....

P.S. After getting settled to watch "Chuck" I spied a beautiful rose and card on the mantle. Dave also gave me a Blue-ray DVD of "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang." He's such a wonderful guy and I wouldn't trade him for all the tea in China.
Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

  1. What a hoot - I laughed and shared your story with DH - here's to "blue goo"

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you, so please write a line or two when you visit.