Saturday

A Marine's Send Off....

I have a friend at work whose Marine son who left three weeks ago to go back to Camp Pendleton, where he and his group were shipped out yesterday to Afghanistan for a years deployment. He's was home on a three week leave enjoying his time with friends and family before his deployment.Dave and I went to his deployment party at his parents house. There were lots of people there to wish the young man well. I told him to keep his head down and I would see him in a year for his homecoming party.

His mom had a beautiful cake made, too bad we did not get there before it was cut into but you can sort of see what it looked like.

There was lots of food to eat and drinks to drink, my favorite was the jumbo Oscar Mayer hot dogs that were grilled to perfection.

We need to remember to keep our brave men and women, who have volunteered their service to our country, in our prayers at night. By doing so we honor them and their families, who have given them up to us, to defend our great nation.


PSALM 23
“The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.”
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you, so please write a line or two when you visit.