Monday

Fun Vacation With The Whole Family...

I am almost a year late in posting this but we had so much fun and I was waiting for pictures, but never got them edited. So...as the old saying goes. Better late than never. Maybe I will get pictures done later. 

Coming back from Texas for the 4th of July weekend, Han and I stopped a convenience store to take a break. I love this store as they allow dogs inside since Texas discourages you leaving your animals in the car while you go to the bathroom. I was happy, Han was happy and the staff was happy as they loved all over him. As we were leaving the store a young girl of 11 or so opened the door for me and took a look at Han and with a terrified screamed "OMG a Pit Bull!!!!" I looked at her and said "No, he's a Queensland Blue Heeler, not a Pit Bull, Huge Difference!" Then I proceeded on to the car to get him belted in.  I really do wish people would not demonize that breed of dogs.  Yes, there are some that are horrible, those are the ones that have been abused by their owners, made mean and are the ones in the news, but there are many who are beautiful dogs, very gentle and loving with loving responsible owners. 

We made it home in fine fashion. He rode up front with me and did great. He decided the center console was the place to ride as that is where he parked himself. 

I had two weeks to get the house ready for the invasion. Yes invasion...Heather and J with their crew including Sam the dog. Christie with her crew of Lizzy and Chewie. Seven people and four dogs. The only way I know to keep me on track is to make a list and to mark off as I complete a task.  I got almost everything done that needed to be done before they arrived, considering my back was giving me fits. 

We did so much and had so much fun, it was great! We rested Sunday and went out to Dillon and Tawnni's house, J's nephew to eat and swim. Everyone had a great time. I do think it was the hottest day of the staycation. 

Monday we went to the Sam Noble Museum of Natural History to see the Megalodon Shark and to tour the museum. It was fascinating! The kids loved it! Of course the museum is always a hit when they come. The kids love riding in the dinovator. For those that don't know, it's an elevator that gets you up close and personal to a huge dinosaur. There is so much to see and do there. 

Monday evening we went up to Moore to let the kids play on a new and fun playground toy. The splash pad was already closed so we said we would return to let them play on that later. They had such a great time on the Jolly Roger playground equipment. Kids being kids, the boys made new friends instantly. The only downside to the evening is Andy lost his dinner after spinning too much on one of the spin toys.  Poor little guy. 

Tuesday we went to see Christopher Robin.  What a delightful story. The kids loved it and so did the adults. How can you pass up half price popcorn on Popcorn Tuesday at the movies!

Wednesday we went on a road trip to Pop's for Lunch then a tour of the Round Barn in Arcadia. It was fascinating. We then did some driving around Oklahoma City and had ice cream at Capitol Ice Cream. It was delish! The boys played Bocce Ball at a Bocce Ball court across the street. They had a lot of fun doing so and expended some of that pent up energy from riding in the car. We then headed to the big Ferris Wheel down by the Oklahoma River so the kids could ride on it. That is a really neat place with a lot of different activities for families to do. It is a great place for a fun date night. I wanted to take the family to the Urban Farmhouse to show them the unique furniture styles but we ran out of time. 

Thursday, Christie and I took Han and Chewie for their last round of shots. After we got home, the rest of the family went to Lake Murray for a day of fun. I stayed home as my microscopic colitis had risen its ugly little head. They stopped at the Action Figure Museum in Pauls Valley.  They said it was a really good museum and they had a great time looking for one special action figure. There were 15 and they found 13.  They also stopped and got Fried Pies.  Heather got an Adventure Road Card and was bent on getting her places punched.  As they told me it took them five hours to get to Lake Murray, which is only about an hour and fifteen minutes from the house. They didn't get home until about 12:30 a.m. 

Friday, the family went to the Salt flats to dig crystals.  They stopped in Enid and had some great Pizza for lunch. Then proceeded to Jet, Oklahoma and the Great Salt Plains.  They had a great time and found a lot of the crystals.  They then went over to Woodward to see a dear friend, one of Heather and J's college friends,  Shannon Myers and the burial site of their God Daughter, Anastacia, as they were not able to attend her funeral two years ago. I am so glad they made the trip. Again I did not go. Mom stayed home and took care of the doggies. 

Saturday was a hang around day. The crew went to the Greek House for lunch. After lunch I met Christie at the Firestone store so she could get her car aligned. Later that day, my brother Frank and Sister-N-Law Karen came down from Tulsa to visit. We had a great visit. We went to dinner at Ted's Escondido. As usual the food was great.  I am so glad they have gluten-free options. We went back to the house and had a great visit. 

Sunday morning, I think everyone slept in as we got a late start.  Frank and Karen brought over donuts and everyone enjoyed. But then it was time to start packing up everything and get it ready to be loaded into the cars. Christie and I went to pick up her car and it was amazing how much different her car drove and how much better it drove. Thank you Firestone! We decided to go to Ozzie's Diner at the Airport for lunch.  Everyone had a great meal. We said our good-byes to Frank and Karen as they headed back to Tulsa.  The rest of us went to the neighborhood park we found in Moore earlier in the week, so the kids could play at the splash pad.  They had a great time in spite of it being somewhat cool and cloudy and threatening rain.  We came back home after about an hour and the kids got their cars pack and they were on the road by 5:45 p.m. I hate good-byes. but at last I had some silence and a calm dog for the first time in a week. 

Han seemed lost for the first day and has become a bit clingy. Which I really don't mind.  He is starting to cuddle more and that is sweet.  He rarely leaves my side. His training is progressing and he starts school next week. 

As I type this Han is at my feet covered in mud and is trying to catch flies. Reminds me of another silly boy who was a great fly catcher.  

Well the sky is getting dark as storms are all around us here and a cloudburst is eminent. So I bid you adieu for now as I have to go get the mud off of Han before letting him in the house.   








No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you, so please write a line or two when you visit.